In this blog I have created Classic CRUD application using Play 2.4.x , Scala and RethinkDB. Where Scala meets Object-Oriented things in Functional way, Play is a High Velocity Web Framework For Java & Scala and RethinkDB is the open-source, scalable database that makes building realtime apps dramatically easier.
Now start Building Reactive Play application with RethinkDB. So here I will try to demonstrates the CRUD functionality of RethinkDB by below details:
- Handling asynchronous results, Handling time-outs
- Achieving, Futures to use more idiomatic error handling.
- Accessing RethinkDB, using Java ReQL command reference.
- Achieving, table pagination and sorting functionality using interactive FooTable plugin.
- Replaced the embedded JS & CSS libraries with WebJars.
- Play and Scala-based template engine implementation
- Integrating with a CSS framework (Twitter Bootstrap). Twitter Bootstrap requires a different form layout to the default one that the Play form helper generates, so this application also provides an example…
View original post 289 more words