We have already discussed about the Play development environment in Tutorial #1.
So, In this blog we would set up the WebJars, jQuery, Bootstrap & Bootswatch with Play Framework which would drive us through rest of the tutorial series. We would be running this blog as a series and we would be looking at various aspects of play with this blog.
In this tutorial we will discuss about the following topics:
- WebJars : A client-side web libraries (e.g. jQuery & Bootstrap) packaged into JAR files.
- Bootstrap : The most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework
- Bootswatch : Free themes for Bootstrap
WebJars work with most JVM-based containers and web frameworks. Using a WebJar requires:
- The WebJar needs to be a dependency of your application
- The WebJar needs to be in your application’s running CLASSPATH
- Your container, web framework, or application needs to serve static assets from Jar files
View original post 221 more words